Restricted Officer's duties are defined on this page, known as the "RO Branch".
The concept of branching states that every RO will play a unique role within ^EIN^. Upon being promoted to RO, you will be informed which brand you are to serve under. There are three branches of Restricted Officers, as detailed below.
Staff RO's deal with the internal management of ^EIN^. They ensure the back end resources of the clan remain organized and up to date. An RO who becomes part of the Staff branch will be granted certain administrative privileges separate from the other branches.
A Staff RO performs the following duties:
1) Control of ^EIN^'s Email (email@example.com)
a) Ensure all RO Reports are completed correctly. Make corrections if needed.
b) Ensure the Email's Contact List is up to date.
c) Ensure the file structure stays up to date.
d) Ensure the Master List is up to date.
e) Ensure the Emails are in proper folders.
f) Ensure the Audits are taken care of and done properly.
2) A Staff RO must be thoroughly familiar with the English language, as they are also responsible for making amendments to articles and passages that the Executive Branch dictates. Staff RO's will proof read and make corrections to ^EIN^'s writings. This includes resources such as the Chain of Command and ^EIN^'s Website. A Staff RO should check for mistakes beyond grammar. It is expected that Staff RO's will report any bugs experienced with ^EIN^'s assets.
3) Administrating Game Servers:
a) A Staff RO has administrative access to ^EIN^'s game servers.
b) A Staff RO ensures that all Server RO's have the necessary server permissions to administrate and operate the ^EIN^ servers in a smooth manner.
The Server Branch will be responsible for all ^EIN^ game server operations. They will know how to use tools that allow them to make dynamic, on the fly decisions that pertain to monitoring ^EIN^'s game servers.
a) You will get your own access to a 3rd party Command and Control (CC) program.
b) You are responsible for your own actions in ProCon.
3) Use the Competitive Team Panel Access:
a) The competitive team leader as described by the Executive Branch will be given back end access to ^EIN^'s match server(s).
b) You will have access to the match servers' configuration files for setting up league and ladder matches.
c) A Server RO does not get back panel access for ^EIN^'s ranked servers unless given permission by an XO.
d) Abusing your administrative rights will result in a revoke of all administrative privileges, and a demotion.
4) How to Properly Administrate the ^EIN^ Servers:
a) ALWAYS warn, !kick, !ban in that order!
b) Report EVERY ban you make on the ^EIN^ Forums.
c) If you suspect someone of hacking, you must be 100% sure and willing to back yourself if an appeal is posted. Use these guidelines to determine whether someone is cheating or hacking:
1. Is the majority of the team opposite to the hacker complaining about being cheated against?
2. Is the suspected cheater's score unfeasible? (Scores like 44-1, 53-2, etc.)
3. If you are still not 100% sure, seek a higher ranked officer to render a decision as to whether or not the player should be removed from the game server.
4. Respect the decision of the rank above you.
d) Exploits are not allowed, MAV glitching is WARN/KICK/BAN.
e) Mortar and sniping from the uncap, WARN/KICK/BAN.
f) Showing disrespect to a ^EIN^ member, WARN/KICK/BAN.
g) Try to keep teams even when you can, best time to do this adjustment is during round end and start.
h) All CoC rules for the public user applies to our servers. No racist remarks and so on do not fly on ^EIN^ servers.
5) ^EIN^'s Universal Server Rules (follow the warn, !kick, !ban method):
a) No exploits are permitted. This includes MAV riding to locations that are otherwise inaccessible.
b) Use of mortars and snipers from the uncap base.
c) Disrespect of ^EIN^ Members.
d) Ensure that the teams are even.
e) ^EIN^ Members must follow the CoC when playing on any game server, especially ^EIN^'s game servers.
6) Populating ^EIN^'s Game Servers:
a) Server RO's are expected to play on and fill ^EIN^'s Game Servers when they are empty or starting.
b) You were given the necessary administrative tools to ensure server startup attempts are fair.
Community Management Branch
The Community Management Branch (CMB) is responsible for the promotion and advertisement of ^EIN^ through mediums such as reddit, social media websites, and gaming websites.
CMB RO's are also responsible for the fulfillment of the following duties:
1) Keep clan groups up to date:
a) Ensure pending platoon members are accepted.
b) Ensure pending Xfire group members are accepted.
c) Show activity in the /r/bf3pc section of reddit.com.
d) Contribute to the website, by engaging in conversations on the forums, shoutbox, etc.
2) Use Given Tools to Facilitate the Advancement and Smooth Operation of ^EIN^'s Community:
a) Use the in-game Server Administration Guidelines properly.
b) See to the approval, or denial of pending applications, depending on the applicant's answers.
c) Ensure that all forum posts conform the CoC.
d) Lead the Battlelog Platoons, Xfire groups, etc.
a) ALWAYS look for new members that could contribute to ^EIN^'s community.
b) Use communities like Xfire, Battlelog, and reddit to help find new members.
c) Use ^EIN^'s game servers to spot and communicate with potential new members.
d) Set an example of what an ^EIN^ Member should look and act like.
4) Website Administration Tools:
a) Delete posts that violate the CoC.
b) Remove posts that fail to advance the conversation or do not promote the topic of the thread they are posted in. This is also referred to as "post-padding" and defined bleow:
1) Consecutive 1-3 word posts in the same thread without replies is considered post-padding.
2) Two members using a forum thread as a "chat-room". Other resources such as Battlelog and Xfire are available for those exact purposes.
3) A thread posted to simply link to a video, picture or other piece of media with no caption or description. This discourages conversation, and could simply be posted in the "Shoutbox" instead.
c) If a post has been "padded" you may remove it.
d) If unclear what post padding is, seek a higher ranking officer for clarification.
e) Move threads to the appropriate forum. For example, Battlefield 3 threads should be posted under the Battlefield 3 section.
f) Propose methods to keep the forums clean, concise and organized.
g) Do not "sticky" a thread. Only an NRO or higher rank has the authority to make that decision.
h) If you feel a forum's description, title or other information should be changed, seek a higher ranking officer with website administration capabilities. Additionally, you should seek website administrators if you believe a new forum should be added.
A Master Sergeant (MSGT)
A MSGT is the highest achievable RO rank. A MSGT has demonstrated a thorough understanding of all three RO Branches. A MSGT oversees the efficient and effective operation of all three RO Branches as designated above. They communicate and work alongside the respected leaders of each branch.
What does a MSGT do?
a) If you need help performing an RO duty, seek a MSGT. They have mastered the ability to perform RO duties.
b) A MSGT may seek your assistance with certain tasks. Always respect a MSGT and carry out the task.
c) If you encounter a problem, as an RO, you must follow the CoC. This means contacting a MSGT first. If needed, he will then seek an NRO, and the issue will rise up the ranks if it has still not been resolved.
d) A MSGT specializes in the operation of one branch, but carries knowledge of the others.
e) A MSGT helps train new RO's to perform their duties.
f) Before a MSGT can become an NRO, they must first be acquainted with the tools NRO's use.
g) A MSGT will eventually become an LT.
h) A MSGT has access to all back end resources, but not necessarily full administrative privileges.
i) A MSGT is expected to show loyalty in ^EIN^.
The NRO Branch
Watch out! Big brother is watching you! NRO's have the ability to track every move you make through the careful monitoring of logs. When you use ^EIN^'s game server resources, your actions can be seen and monitored extensively by those who have privileges to access such logs.